Saturday 13 July 2013

5 Questions with Fayotopia Artistry

What drew you to face painting initially and what is it about kids that makes it all that much more special

I have been working with children since I was 12 years old and have been painting for as long as I can remember.

I was drawn to face painting when I began my faery circus entertainment business 5 years ago, and there is nothing that makes me happier than the moment when a child sees their beautiful reflection in my magic mirror!


Did you initially start at Marrickville Markets as a punter or as a trader?

I think it would be most accurate say that I initially started as a faery trader.  I bring my juggling magic sticks and the kids get to have fun an workshop all day whilst I paint faces.  


Everyone is happy which is the aim of the game.

What has been one of the more intricate requests from a child you have had

I get many amazing requests - Mia knows exactly what she wants every week! Usually a green flower and blue butterfly.

One time a little boy dressed in a colourful skirt and bandana requested to be a a mermaid and he was a most beautiful one!


Another time a girl asked me to paint a swan tiara.  They know they can request anything from me.  I love the challenge!

The sense of family and community is a common thread amongst traders and shoppers. For you personally, what makes Marrickville Markets so unique in this respect

Every week I set up my little face-painting stall and greet the same faces, we get to know one another and there is a genuine goodness about the connections that get made.


I feel so happy and satisfied at the end of the day, no matter how much money I make, because I feel a sense of community that is rare in Sydney.

Marrickville Market is jammed packed with beautiful faces and a sense of care that is felt is energising and refreshing.


How would you sum up life as a Sunday Marrickville Market face painter in 5 words

A joyful, meaningful and magical experience

thank you to ozkitten for allowing us to include this photo

**********

Beautiful faces created by a beautiful soul at our markets.  There needs to be at times a little bit of faery dust in our lives and maybe a little more often than "sometimes"


No comments:

Post a Comment