Saturday 15 June 2013

Sharing the love with Kirstie

When did you first discover Marrickville Markets?

I moved to Marrickville nearly 2 years and "discovered" the markets then, along with Reverse Garbage and The Bower.  I loved the feel of the place and just kept going back

What is is that keeps drawing you back to the point of (dare we say), fanaticism

I love the feeling of being part of a community and I get that feeling from going to the markets most (ok, pretty much every!) Sundays.

There is a great mix of stallholders who are really friendly, but most of all I love being able to buy my weekly veg, meat and dairy direct from the farmers knowing it has been grown locally and sustainably and that my money is going to benefit the farmer directly.
Who is your favourite stallie and why


Picking just one is hard!  But I guess my favourite stall is Mannelli Farms where I buy my fruit and veg each week. I love knowing the produce is seasonal, it tastes delicious and is great value for money!

Is organic an "organic" part of your life?

It's just over the last few years (I'm a late starter!) that I have been learning more about what food is good or bad for me and the environment, which is why I now choose free range/organic/pesticide free wherever possible.

I also think it's really important to support local farmers so they can continue to produce the food that is best for us.  Having Marrickville Markets so close makes it easy for me to do this and yes, has made organic an "organic" part of my life!

In 5 words, how would you describe (and encourage those have not yet been to) Marrickville Markets

This is difficult, but I'll try!

Marickville Market is: 

Friendly
Vibrant
Fresh
Local 
Eclectic

**********

And on that note we say THANK YOU to Kirstie for loving our markets, taking photos of these markets but most of all spending time to answer our 5 Questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment