Friday 28 June 2013

Sharing the love with Natalie

When did you first "meet" and then fall hopelessly in love with Marrickville Markets

I've lived in the Inner West for about 4.5 years and only just started to go at the beginning of 2013!  BOO to me!!!



What is it about this market (from your perspective) that makes it such a Sunday mecca for not just Inner Westies, but those from further afield

I definitely think it's got that really nostalgic feel to it.  You come to the market and the stallholders are really passionate about what they do and their produce.



It reminds me of going to a fete or carnival as a kid.  There's a real sense of community, togetherness and joy. It's a really inviting environment where you can communicate with others and share with the stallholders...life, cooking, growing produce and everything in between.

Who is your favourite stallie and why

I have to choose?  Eeek!!!  I'd have to go with the juice store....the "green needs" drink is tops!


Are you person who likes to take time out from the madding crowd, chillax with friends and watch the world go by OR are you on a time constraint and even though you would prefer to stay longer, simply are unable

I definitely make a day of it.  Sunday is my day to unwind and escape from the responsibilities of everyday life so I always look forward to going to market throughout the week.



I to to the gym on Sunday morning and then walk down to the market from Enmore (where I live), grab a "green needs" juice from the juice stall and have a gander/meander with my wicker basket and macro bags in hand!  Before I leave i HAVE to have Earth Plate for lunch: it's my ideal Sunday afternoon.

In 5 words, how would you sum up the Marrickville Market experience

Relaxing, organic, boho, green & eclectic


**********

And on that note we say thanks to Nat for sharing her love and photos of Marrickville Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment