Saturday 22 June 2013

Sharing the love with Rebecca

You are passionate about food, photography and more.  What initially drew you to Marrickville Markets

I had gotten into a lazy routine of buying very expensive non-fresh produce from one of the bigger supermarket chains.  I found it hard to find organic produce on my goat-trail and that meant I had to make the effort to drive to an organic store once a week and paid big time $$$$.  When I stumbled across the Organic Food Markets in Kings Cross I found (on line) links to their other locations and Marrickville is SO close to home, it was destiny.


With such an eclectic mixture of food, people and more, do you have a "fave" stallie

I have lots of favourites and I go to see them all!  I really love the ladies who sell the medicinal herbs and plants. They have a wealth of knowledge and are so passionate about what they do.


As with most things, there will always be some who are yet to be enlightened as to the benefits of organic produce.  How much of role does the "organic lifestyle" play in your world

I believe it's a way for "the people" to become empowered to make a positive change in the world.  As simple as it may seem, the mentality behind why we choose organics is really one of holistic mindfulness.

It pervades so many aspects of our lives from cooking to gardening to how we view health care, environmental & political issues, and even a spiritual understanding.

We are all going through a process of becoming more aware, and when we understand these things from a holistic perspective, we gain insight into the truth and nature of our world.

And we thought it was just about the vegetables!

Do you have a NEVER go home without item, or do you simply go with the flow, discover what's new, what's seasonal and what's on the horizon

I never go home without organic kale. It's my staple and I love to buy it from the market stalls because it's so fresh!


In one sentence, who would you describe the "vibe" of Marrickville Markets

The vibe: Sunday mornings at Marrickville Market is like entering a playground full of smiles, tastes, smells and inspiration.  It's so good for the soul.


**********
Thanks to Rebecca for sharing not just her love but some of her photos of the Sunday institution aka Marrickville Markets


No comments:

Post a Comment